500 word essay on improvements AS - A2

Over the last 2 years of studying media I have developed and built upon many skills. For my foundation portfolio I was set the task to create my own music magazine called ‘Red rage’, I chose to do a horror magazine with a target audience of both genders ages 16-24. One thing that was definitely new to me was using a camera effectively to capture professional looking shots and to ensure the picture did not come out blurry. The next biggest challenge was using Photoshop but once I got used to using it, this came in very handy as I was able to edit and merge my pictures until I was happy with the final product. Not understanding how to function the camera limited my creativity as I wasn’t able to get the perfect picture I was going for it also wasted a lot of time, however it also gave me more of a chance to play around and experiment with different settings and find out which one I believe suited my genre more. Also I didn’t know much about the typical conventions associated with Rock so I found it much harder to link my research with my magazine.

From AS to A2 I noticed a massive change in the quality of work I was producing and the standard of research I was doing. The next task we were set was to create an A2 film trailer, to do this we used many recourses, one thing I definitely noticed that I started to do when I reached A2 was I started to link my work back to examples for example influences of what trailers I would like to incorporate into mine. These examples gave me many more ideas making it easier for me to express my personal creativity as no one would pick the exact same trailers as me. The improvement in my work has to led me to believe that with enough examples to refer back to, your able to produce more creative work as if you feel like you’re going off track they’re always there for you to look back on. 

Comments

  1. DONE:
    Felicia:
    1. 25 shot storyboard drawn - UPLOAD THIS TO BLOG
    2. Drafting of Magazines - IN CLASS COMPLETE THE 'COPY' OF THE TEACHING EXAMPLES FROM YOUTUBE AND USE THIS AS AN ELECTRONIC DRAFT - Use images from your make up tests for now.
    3. Pencil Drafts of Magazine and Influences
    Deadline E/O/this week - 17th Nov 4pm

    PEJU - Action: recce 2 more locations for Trailer & Risk Assess
    Risk Assessments done
    Book Camera with Mr French
    Select Actors and Upload images onto Weebly

    TARGETS for next week:
    Organise your Shoot - FRIDAY 17th NOV
    Shoot your first/or 1 scene from your Trailer ON LOCATION

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Narrative Essay

Representation essay